On Thursday, UE Locals 506 and 618 signed a tentative agreement for a four-year contract with Wabtec, to cover 1700 workers at the former GE Transportation facility.
The agreements maintains current wage rates for existing Wabtec employees, and provides for a ten-year progression to full wage rates for all newly hired employees. The company has made a contractual commitment to create new work equivalent to 100 full-time employees by the end of the contract.
UE members will vote on the contract next Wednesday. More details on the settlement, informational meetings for Local 506 and 618 members, and the ratification vote are available on UE Local 506's website and Facebook page.
- UE, Allies Take Message to Wabtec Shareholders: “One Union, One Tier”
- UE Members Fight for Erie Community in Nine-Day Strike Against Corporate Greed
- If Wabtec Has Its Way, Erie Will Pay for CEO's $16 Million Bonus
- Erie Strike Gets National Attention, Widespread Support
- UE Locals 506, 618 Strike "For the Jobs Our Communities Deserve" in Erie