As more and more states enact so-called "right-to-work" laws that prohibit union security, and with the Supreme Court poised to strip union security from public-sector workers nationwide, UE has put together this collection of resources for doing political education about "right-to-work" and building effective unions in "right-to-work" conditions.
- Checklist for Fighting RTW and Building Unity (download as a PDF)
- Analysis of Janus v. AFSCME by UE General Counsel Irene Thomas, Esq. (download as a PDF)
- Five Steps to Maintain Unity and Membership Under Right to Work, by former UE organizer Leah Fried
- Exposing the "Right-to-Work" Fraud, a 2012 article by UE Political Action Director Chris Townsend
- UE Policy: Oppose Right to Work
- Labor Notes has organized an online debate about how unions should deal with free-riders. One of the contributors is UE Communications Director Jonathan Kissam.
- Two important articles on the racist and anti-Semetic origins of "right-to-work," from the St. Louis Labor Tribune and the Labor and Working-Class History Association.