The 76th National Convention of the United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America (UE) was held from Sunday, August 25 through Thursday, August 29 in Pittsburgh, PA.
Updates and photos from convention on the UE Facebook page:
- Convention Photo Album
- International solidarity
- Delegates elect officers and endorse the Green New Deal
- UE members take a strong stand against discrimination
- UE rallies for Medicare for All
- Delegates unanimously endorse Bernie Sanders for President
- UE Young Activists canvass for Medicare for All
This year's convention theme was "The Union for Everyone!” which reflects the changes from UE’s beginnings over 83 years ago, when the membership came solely from the electrical, radio and the machine tool industries. Today our membership is very diverse including rail crew drivers, school and college/university employees, co-op workers, hospital employees, service contract workers to name but a few, in addition to the manufacturing workers who have been the backbone of UE for so many years. We have learned that no matter what sector you hail from, UE’s long and vibrant history of aggressive struggle lives on. UE has always been, and will continue to be, a force for worker democracy and solidarity for everyone.