The next Labor Notes Conference, a gathering of grassroots union activists, worker center leaders, and all-around troublemakers, is being held this weekend in Chicago.
UE leaders, staff and allies will be presenting at a number of workshops. Please join us at the following:
Friday, April 6th
- Asian Unions vs. Militarism with UE ally Keisuke Fuse from Zenroren in Japan and facilitated by UE staff member Kari Thompson; International Ballroom C.
- International Guest Reception; Upstairs Foyer.
Saturday, April 7th
- Worker Cooperatives with Armando Robles and Maria Roman, UE Local 1110 (New Era Windows and Doors); Malpensa.
- Bargaining for Health Care in the Trump Era with General President Peter Knowlton and Autumn Martinez, UE Local 255; O’Hare B.
- Bargaining without Collective Bargaining with Bonita Johnson, UE Local 150; Hartsfield.
- Organizing Across Europe with ally Michele Bulgarelli from FIOM in Bologna, Italy; O’Hare A.
- Taking on NAFTA in the Trump Era with Daniel Campos, UE Local 1123; Int’l Ballroom E.
Sunday, April 8th
- Responding to Sexual Harassment in the Workplace (and Your Union) with staff member Kari Thompson; O’Hare A.
- Labor’s New Sources of Leverage with staff member Mark Meinster; United A.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONFERENCE: